Are you noticing an FE error code on your Samsung washer or dryer? If so, you might be wondering how to deal with this specific error code. When this error code appears, your Samsung dryer might refuse to dry any clothes at all. A few issues you may notice include:
- The dryer simply does not start
- When you try to turn on the dryer, you notice an FE error
- The dryer interrupts the drying cycle and issues an FE code
If this is the case, you might be thinking that your machine is broken beyond repair. Do you need to replace it? This is not necessarily the case. What do you need to know about a Samsung washer dryer error code FE?
What Does the FE Code Mean?
The FE error code stands for “fan error.” This is what shows up on the Samsung display. It indicates that something is wrong with the drying fan.
If there is something wrong with the drying fan, it means it is not rotating. If the drying fan is not rotating, it will not dry your clothes. When this error code shows up, it usually indicates that there is a severe issue; however, there may be times when you can fix this ventilation are on your own.
When Does the FE Error Code Appear?
Among Samsung dryer error codes, this error code usually shows up when the machine diagnoses a serious error. For example, there may be a malfunction with the test procedure of your washer dryer. As a result, your control module might be receiving a false signal. Therefore, the code may be showing up when nothing is actually wrong with it.
In order to address this issue, you should turn and unplug the dryer. Press the start or pause button. After this, pull the cord out of the socket.
Wait approximately 5 or 10 minutes. Then, turn the machine on. Try to dry your load. If it was a false error, then the code should not show up anymore. On the other hand, if you still see an FE code, it is a sign that there is a serious problem with your washer or dryer. What should you do next?
The Most Common Causes Samsung Dryer Error Codes
There are a few common mechanical issues with the heating fan, which include:
- There could be a breakdown of the starting capacitor, causing your fan appliance to get stuck
- There might be debris or lint clogging the fan, leading to a failure
- There could be a serious issue with the fan impeller, leading to a faulty drying cycle
- There could be a heat switch issue, in which case the unit might have to be replaced
- The fan belt drive could be broken, stopping the fan from rotating
- The fan motor might not be winding properly
There could also be an interruption of the fan circuit (or wire), with common issues being:
- There might be poor contact between the connector in the starting capacitor due to oxidation, which you could search and check
- The condenser might have moved from its original location, impacting its connections and leading to a support problem
- There could be an open or short circuit in the electrical wiring of the fan itself, impacting the power source frequency with this Samsung error code FE
- The reset panel could be loose or fully open, which is leading to an appliance or system issue when the dryer comes online
These issues could be frustrating. You might be thinking that there is no way to fix the washing machine or dryer. Fortunately, there are a few possible steps you should try.
Steps To Fix the FE Code
If you think there is a mechanical issue with the fam, you might be able to replace the starting capacitor. Or, you can take a closer look at the fan and see if there is any debris present.
If you start to breathe in your dryer, you may try to remove it. This might allow the fan to start rotating again. You could also add more grease to the fan bearing, allowing it to rotate more easily. Finally, you might be able to put a new belt on the drive.
Remember that if you do not have any experience with these types of repairs, you should not try to do them yourself. For safety, financial, and time reasons, you should call a professional who can help you.
You've experienced a different Samsung dryer error code, and looking for a help? Check out our guides:
If you think there is an issue with the starting capacitor, you may be able to clean the contacts. You might also be able to fix the capacitor in the connector if you check the wiring for a source of the sensor heating error.
There could be situations where you have to replace the entire wiring as well. This is an advanced issue that should be handled by a trained professional. You should not do this on your own.
If the fan motor has burnt out completely, you will need to find a replacement. This could be an expensive process. In this situation, you may want to replace the entire dryer instead.
Dealing with an FE Error Code
These are a few of the most important if you should keep in mind if you are dealing with an FE error code. This error code could be frustrating, as it is a sign that the fan is not working properly.
Fortunately, there are if you repair options. The first thing you have to do is figure out why the error code is showing up. Then, you can troubleshoot your possible solutions. If you have questions or concerns, remember to reach out to a professional who can help you. This is important for safety reasons.