When it comes to demolishing concrete, it is important to select the correct tool that is compatible and safe for this task.
A demolition jackhammer combines a hammer and a chisel to create a powerful tool that is commonly sought after by DIY professionals. A jackhammer is one of the best tools available for breaking up concrete and tackling tougher surfaces.
It is important to select the right tool for your needs. The market for demolition jackhammers is rather expansive and it can seem a little difficult to narrow it down to the best product. However, we have done the hard work for you and browsed the market for our top five picks of the best demolition jackhammers available.
If you are likely to benefit from additional guidance before making your purchase, below we have included a useful buyer’s guide containing our top tips for choosing the best product.
Best Demolition Jackhammers
OUR TOP PICK
XtremepowerUS provides you with the perfect tool for demolition, trenching, and chipping purposes in the form of the 2200 watt electric demolition hammer. Suitable for a range of purposes, this tool is bound to deliver excellent performance.
With a 360 degree adjustable foregrip, you are provided with complete control as you use this jackhammer. This also allows you to cater the angle of the hammer to suit the job in hand so that you can work with greater comfort and efficiency.
Courtesy of its 110V/ 60 HZ voltage, it is suitable for use in a range of settings whether this is at home or at work. Additionally, this tool delivers an 1800 BPM allowing you to work at a fast pace to demolish the area in question safely.
Designed with a more even distribution of weight, the XtremepowerUS demolition jackhammer is suitable for use in both horizontal and vertical applications. It is also likely to be easier to hold should you require the use of this tool for a prolonged period.
The speed control settings also allow you to cater the functioning of the tool to suit the job that you are completing. Thanks to the anti-vibration system you can work for longer periods with comfort too.
- Compared to other tools of this kind available on the market, this electric demolition jackhammer retails within an affordable price range.
- Alongside the jackhammer itself, you also receive a 16” flat chisel, protective gloves, protective glasses, and hex wrenches, which can all be stored in a handy case.
- Courtesy of the reduced vibration, you can work with comfort.
- The rotating chisel can be locked into different positions so you can work more efficiently at different angles.
- You are given greater control of the tool thanks to the 360-degree adjustable foregrip.
- This tool may take a while and struggle with breaking up thicker sections of concrete.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty electric demolition jackhammer, look no further than the Mophorn electric demolition concrete breaker. Packed with 3600 watts of power and a 1800r/min impact frequency, this tool can demolish even the most demanding of surfaces with ease.
The dual handle design provides greater control allowing you to work in the most comfortable position. Courtesy of the 360-degree swivel front handle, you can tackle a range of areas with ease.
Comfort hasn’t been ignored in the construction of this jackhammer either. The rear handle has been lined with rubber to prevent the occurrence of risk fatigue, whilst also absorbing any vibrations produced by the tool.
Choose from two chisels, a 16” bull point chisel and a 16” flat chisel depending on the surface that you are working with. Aside from concrete, this jackhammer is suitable for a range of other uses including trench work and the removal of asphalt.
Durably designed, the Mophorn Electric demolition jackhammer is likely to see you through many uses without becoming damaged. The vented lid also prevents the build-up of unwanted heat, allowing it to dissipate through this section of the tool with ease.
- The double-handled design prevents the occurrence of risk fatigue making this tool easier to hold for longer periods.
- Retailing at an affordable price, the Mophorn jackhammer is an ideal choice for those on a budget.
- Courtesy of the 3600-watt motor, this tool provides unrivaled power suitable for a wide application of tasks.
- With a heavy-duty, durable design this jackhammer is likely to see you through many uses.
- The option of two chisels allows you to select the most appropriate for the surface that you are working with.
- Some may find it a little heavy to hold, possibly making it an unsuitable choice for lengthy periods of use.
The Bosch 11335K jackhammer kit is ideal for tackling a range of surfaces. With a 38 Lbs impact force and a weight of 22 Lbs, this tool delivers excellent power for maximum removal.
Vibration is a common concern with jackhammers as it can be off-putting to many. However, the Bosch jackhammer incorporates vibration control technology which works to prevent the shock felt through the handle as you hold this tool.
Similarly to our previous picks, the Bosch Jackhammer has been designed with a 360-degree adjustable handle providing you with greater control as you use the tool.
Impressively, this demolition jackhammer has been designed with a Service Minderbush system which essentially works by shutting down the machine when it requires maintenance. This ensures that it is safe for future uses.
Constructed with an all-metal housing, this jackhammer has been durably designed to withstand the often harsh conditions of the job site, preventing the occurrence of damage to your tool.
- This jackhammer is equipped with a carry case for convenient storage and wheels for easy maneuverability.
- Courtesy of its inline design, this tool can be used with ease when working in both vertical and horizontal applications.
- Not only is this jackhammer suitable for breaking up concrete but it can be used in a range of additional applications too.
- Designed with quality and durability in mind, this jackhammer is suitable for use in a range of settings.
- This tool functions at a decent speed, making lengthy jobs easier to tackle.
- Unfortunately, this demolition jackhammer retails with a hefty price tag which may make it an unsuitable option for those on a budget.
The TR heavy-duty demolition jackhammer is the must-have tool for tackling serious jobs, hence why it is deemed to be industrial grade.
Delivering 1800 blows per minute, this jackhammer is great for tackling a range of jobs from breaking concrete to accessing underground drainage supplies.
Weighing around 31 pounds, this jackhammer is likely to be relatively easy to handle making it a particularly favorable job for those working on large-scale projects. Designed with a 360-degree auxiliary handle, this is a versatile tool that can be used with ease at different angles.
With a 6ft power cord, you aren’t restricted when using this tool and are instead able to move freely to complete the task efficiently. Constructed using chrome vanadium steel, a tough material often used in the production of high-quality tools, you can be confident in the durability of this jackhammer.
It isn’t going to deteriorate easily even when subject to frequent use in harsh conditions.
- Coming with a rugged steel case, this jackhammer can be safely stored away in between uses.
- As a heavy-duty tool, it is suitable for use in a range of settings.
- This jackhammer is ETL listed which identifies that it is compliant with North American safety standards.
- This tool comes with three attachments which allows you to select the most appropriate for the surface you are working with.
- Retailing at an affordable price, it is ideal for those who do not wish to spend a lot on their jackhammer.
- Some may find this jackhammer a little heavy, particularly if it is going to be held for prolonged periods.
When it comes to performance the Toolman Electric Demolition Jackhammer certainly does not disappoint. With a 14 amp motor delivering 1,400 blows per minute, this tool functions to deliver consistent and effective results after every use.
Just like our previous products, this jackhammer has been designed with a 360-degree auxiliary swivel handle that provides you with greater control through the course of using the tool. Additionally, the handle has been designed with slip-resistant qualities enabling you to work with greater comfort.
The inclusion of anti-vibration technology provides a more comfortable user experience and the durable design makes it a great option for carrying out continuous work. Not only is it going to be able to withstand the harsher conditions of sites and working environments well, but it is also effective in dissolving heat.
Courtesy of the engineered gear system you are provided with greater control for smoother use and enhanced balance. Suitable for a range of applications, this jackhammer can be used for breaking concrete and slabs as well as tackling the removal of house foundations.
- Coming equipped with a molded case, this jackhammer can be safely stored in between uses and it is also easier to transport.
- The ergonomic rotating handle provides you with greater comfort and a firm grip.
- Retailing within an affordable price range, it is an ideal choice for DIY professionals on a budget.
- Courtesy of the oil gauge window, you can see the current oil level and when it requires filling.
- Alongside the jackhammer itself, you will also receive two carbon brushes, an oil container, and a wrench.
- Some may find this jackhammer a little difficult to operate due to the slightly limited instructions that it comes with.
Best Demolition Jackhammers Buying Guide
There are many factors to consider before buying a demolition jackhammer.
Despite the market offering jackhammers that appear to look fairly similar, they can in fact boast different specifications. For this reason, it is important to select the tool that is going to be the most compatible with your needs and the job that you are tackling.
We have outlined some of the main features of a demolition jackhammer so you are fully equipped with the knowledge to make the correct purchase for you.
The Impact Rate
This essentially refers to the number of strikes to the ground that your hammer delivers.
In the specifications of your tool, it will typically be recorded as beats or impacts per minute. It is important to pay attention to this factor as it can be an indicator as to how well the jackhammer can handle different surfaces.
Demolition jackhammers are rather weighty with some being heavier than others. It is important to select the jackhammer that you find comfortable enough to work with. One that is too heavy, is likely to make it more difficult to use.
A lighter jackhammer is typically recommended for larger areas. Not only is it lighter to hold, but it produces less force meaning that it has a longer run time. However, for smaller areas, you may find it beneficial to opt for a heavier jackhammer as it is going to produce more force.
The Type Of Jackhammer
Demolition jackhammers are available in two types; a pneumatic jackhammer or an electric jackhammer.
A pneumatic jackhammer utilizes air that is pumped through the compressor when the handle is pressed down. This air is then pumped into a valve and travels inside the jackhammer before this process is repeated. An electric jackhammer is designed with a motor and as its name suggests, it uses electricity to function. When the motor is engaged it will begin to spin.
The Noise Level
It is important to consider the noise that is produced by your tool before making your purchase.
Pneumatic demolition jackhammers are known to produce higher levels of noise than electric ones do to the way that they function. If you are likely to find the noise off-putting, you may benefit from investing in an electric jackhammer.
When functioning, jackhammers are known to produce vibrations which some may find uncomfortable when holding the tool. If this is the case, it is necessary to pay attention to the specifications of your tool which is likely to state the levels of vibration that are produced by your jackhammer.
Ideally, those that produce a minimal amount of vibrations are likely to be more comfortable to work with.
Opting for a handheld demolition jackhammer is going to mean that you are likely to be holding this tool for prolonged periods. For this reason, it is important to choose the tool that has been designed with comfort in mind.
An ergonomically constructed handle is going to make the tool much easier for you to hold over longer periods, reducing the occurrence of wrist fatigue or wrist pains.
With many jackhammers, you will receive additional accessories, of course, this depends on the brand that you make your purchase with. This may include a carry case for easy storage in between uses and convenient transportation to different locations.
Most jackhammers also come with additional chisels which allow you to select the style that is most suitable for the surface that you are working with. This is particularly cost-effective and is likely to save you making these additional purchases.
As with most purchases, it is beneficial to have a budget in mind to give you an idea regarding the amount that you are happy to spend on your tool. Demolition jackhammers can be a little pricey and so it is crucial to select the correct jackhammer for you.
However, do not be put off by demolition jackhammers that seem to be excessively priced, as there are some affordable options available that function to a similar standard. We have included a variety of products in our guide above that retail at varying price points to highlight the variety that is available to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is using a demolition jackhammer difficult?
Using a demolition jackhammer can be a little difficult. Although they are very useful, you aren’t necessarily going to get to grips with using a tool of this kind right away.
It is important to take time in familiarising yourself with the functioning of a demolition of a jackhammer and how they are intended to be used.
What can a demolition jackhammer be used for?
As their name suggests, a tool of this kind is used to demolish tough surfaces.
This may include concrete or pavements etc.
Can a demolition jackhammer be used by anyone?
A demolition jackhammer is a tool that is commonly used by DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike.
However, as a heavy tool that can be complex and dangerous to use, it should only be used by individuals who know how to use it safely, as this eliminates any risk of injury or damage to property as a result of incorrect use.