We’re Adopting!

Noelle&Adam FB banner

Happy New Year Everyone! What a year 2012 was. I started this blog, which has been more amazing than I ever imagined. I’ve enjoyed getting to know to many of you. I’ve shared in the past a little bit about my pregnancy difficulties. I was pregnant for most of 2012, and suffered through the loss of five sweet little babies. God taught me a lot last year about trusting Him, even when I didn’t understand the process.

Some of you know that my husband Adam was adopted. When we were dating I loved learning about his story because adoption was something I had always considered. Early on in our marriage, before all the miscarriages, we discussed our desire to one day continue the legacy of adoption in our own family. In October of this year we finally made the decision to put pregnancy on the back burner and to seek God’s plan for our lives in a different direction.

Through lots of prayer and God’s hand working in a most obvious way, we have signed on with an adoption agency and within the next month or two we will be approved to be added to the waiting list to bring home our baby. At the moment we are waiting for our Home Study to be completed.

We are asking for your prayers as we move forward into 2013 hoping to finally become parents. We are also asking that you will begin to pray for our Birth Mom. We know she is out there somewhere. She may even be pregnant already. I can’t imagine how difficult this journey will be for her and I just want to bathe her in God’s peace.

Finally, we’re asking you to spread the word. If you know of anyone who is pregnant and is considering adoption for their child, let them know about us. We’re looking to adopt a baby from birth to 1 year old.

Thank you all for reading Homemaker Chic! I will keep you posted in this coming months. For now, here are some photos from our recent Adoption “Maternity” Photo Shoot photographed by the talented Patrick Smith. 🙂

CZ9A2119Adoption Photo Shoot HomemakerChic.comWe're Adopting Banner HomemakerChic.com

If you’re feeling called to help support us as we raise the $30,000-$40,000 it will cost to fund this adoption you can donate by clicking the button below. All proceeds will go directly toward our adoption costs and fees and any excess will be donated to another adopting family in need.

**UPDATE August 2013**

I am thrilled to share that God has given me the wonderful joy of finally becoming, and staying pregnant with our first son. I am 6.5 months along and everything is going great! You can read more about how this happened in this blog post. We are still planning to adopt near the end of next year, but per the recommendation of our adoption agency we are putting the active adoption plans on hold until after this baby is born. We are still raising money for the adoption, as it will certainly be a great cost. Thank you all so much for your prayers and continued support!

Adam and Noelle's Adoption Fund

Advertisements

30 thoughts on “We’re Adopting!

1. Cessie

So very excited for you! I didn’t know your husband was adopted, so the fact that you’re adopting is even cooler! What a legacy you’ll be leaving this world! Praying that God will bathe you and Adam in His peace as you wait for the child He has/is creating for you.

2. Jenn Adams

Such a beautiful post! I’ll be praying for you guys. I know that you guys will be the most amazing parents! Good luck and cant wait to see the baby when the time comes! ❤

3. BeingZhenya

My eyes were filling up with tears reading your post! I used to work with orphan kids in Russia and I know what it’s like for the kids. And I know that even though you are not considering international adoption (not that I would be any help with that anymore), I will keep you in my mind and my prayers! Good luck on your journey. God has a plan!
    Zhenya

4. Jenny

Congratulations! This is such an amazing post and I loved reading it and learning more about your path. While I’m not at the point yet in my life to have kids, I often wonder if I would turn to adoption if I wasn’t able to birth them. I admire you sharing the story – and the pictures are absolutely adorable!
    May God bless you and your husband and the family of your soon-to-be addition!!!

5. Sandy Collum Sandmeyer

How exciting for you two!!! I’m so sorry about your losses, Noelle (and Adam). I wish that I had known when we were in touch through the year. I send my hugs to you now. I can’t wait to hear about your adoption adventure and help you to welcome a little one into your home!

6. Sara Ann

Thats so awesome! Ill be praying for you and your husband! I know that the adoption process can be hard but I think it is just so awesome! Im so excited for yall! 🙂

7. Pingback: 10 Steps to Remove BPA from Your Body in Less Than a Week « Homemaker Chic

8. Hannah

I’m a bit late finding this post, but just saw it on Pinterest and wanted to comment. We are considering adoption as well. I am currently undergoing my second miscarriage in 4 months. We may still try for biological children but are opening our hearts and minds to adoption as well. Thank you so much for posting this. I hope your adoption journey is as short and sweet as possible.

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I do believe God has a plan for you and however your journey plays out I’m sure you will have the baby that God always planned for you to have. I’ll be praying for you!

9. Sacha Hays

You do not know me but I met Adam through work when he was a rep for the medical office.Thank you for being so strong to share your story. I will keep you both in my prayers! God will bring you a child in his time, but he/she will come!

10. Finally A. Mommy

So sorry for your loss ! My husband and I tried for 12 years to conceive and it wasn’t the GRAND PLAN … so we thought ! 🙂 We became foster parents ( with the goal to adopt ) and it was the BEST thing we could have done ! Only regret … is that we didn’t do it sooner ! 🙂 We are soooo happy now ! Our first foster daughter was 4 days old when we discharged her from the hospital and she is now 3 years old. We were able to adopt her last year, the day before her 2nd birthday. We wanted to be parents and did not want to wait to save the money ( $ 40,000 for ONE CHILD and we wanted 2 or more ! ) and did not want to wait ANY longer ( 12 years was ENOUGH ) ! In our county ( in Upstate New York ) the county pays for the adoption !!!! We said that even if we could not adopt her, EVERY day we had with her was a BLESSING and no one could ever take those memories away from us ( we took her to Disney World at 11 months old ) !
    Our prayers were answered for our family of four now ! We now have an older sister ( foster daughter ), 16 yrs old and she is an AMAZING new big sister and they LOVE eachother sooo much ! Having a teenager isn’t bad at all , she just wants a mom and dad and family who loves her and is proud of her ! And is always seeking our approval and wants us to be proud of her. She is graduating from high school early and has an 87 in her nursing class STILL ! Hoping to adopt her someday, if she wants us to ! But like I said, every day we have them … is a blessing ! Just wanted to give you another option to think about ! God Bless you both and we’ll pray for you, that your wishes come true for your own little family ! 🙂

11. theclbray

I’m so glad that you guys were able to turn to God at a time like this. I’m only a college student but in the future, I want to adopt! I think it is the most beautiful thing ever. I’ll keep you guys in prayer. (:

12. Pingback: How I Cured My Infertility Naturally | Homemaker Chic

We are actually pregnant finally! I’m 5 months along. We will resume the adoption process after this baby is born. 🙂 I wrote a post about it. Check the adoption/motherhood category.

13. sandra

Congratz on the pregnancy!!!!! I have just stumbled across your blog and in reading your goal for a family touched my heart. Not only am I a adopted child but I am also the birth mother to a child that was adopted. I can tell you if you do decide to adopt one day that it is really a difficult emotional thing to not only live as but live through. The one piece of advise I can give you is to consider a open adoption plan, I know most parents are scared to do this for fear of the birth mother coming back and going crazy and taking the child back, but honestly it really does make it easier for both sides. Growing up and even still now I don’t know anything about my birth family and i have looked for answers but being able to see pics of my daughter grow up have meant the world to me. And I am able to know about and give any updated medical history to the family. Well I love reading your blog and look forward to more!!!