These days cupcakes are all the rage. Nowadays you can find cupcake lasagna, cupcake quiche and cupcake cheesecakes! What’s not to love about the cupcake? Its cute, its portable, and everyone loves them.
So for my sister’s birthday my mom challenged me to make a desert that would be cute for a birthday, delicious, but also something that would be good to take on our family kayaking trip! So I started thinking about durable desserts.
Brownies are pretty sturdy and don’t need to be refrigerated. I didn’t want to fuss with bringing a pan of brownies that had to be cut, so I needed a solution. Thus was born the idea of brownie cupcakes. Here’s the best part… they’re all corners! I’ve seen those all-corner brownie pans at Bed, Bath & Beyond, but this is so much easier, and I don’t have to buy an extra pan. Yay! I loooooove the corner pieces don’t you?
Just make a regular brown mix and fill the cups about half way. Be sure to grease each cup so they pop out easily. One box mix will make 12 cupcakes. I sprinkled the top of mine with chocolate chips, but it would be yummy to use butterscotch chips or even drop a piece of carmel or a chocolate kiss into each cup. The possibilities are endless! I am so loving this idea! This is my new go to for brownies. Be sure to serve them with an ice cold glass of milk. Enjoy! 🙂
- The History of Brownies in the United States (berries.com)
- How to Make Your Own Brownie Pops at Home (berries.com)
- peanut butter cup crunch brownies. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Brownie Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting (nubbs75.wordpress.com)
- Cherry chocolate brownie cupcakes (GF) (hungryhinny.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Brownies (whattheflicka.com)